Monday 17 January 2011

Pizza party

Sunday heralded the class' first communal dinner, which was a pizza party at my house - about 16 people turned up.

Making dough isn't that easy nor quick, so I asked everyone for a solid RSVP. Lots of guys who went out on Saturday night were pretty happy to say they would take part and have some pizza, but after a few beers they chickened out. Pussies... ;-) In any case we had a lot of fun. No photos unfortunately: the photographers were on holiday.

For those who asked me earlier, here are the recipes I used:

Dough (for 4-6 people)

500 g flour (I used rågsikt, which is a mix of rye and wheat flour)
350 mL water
7 g dry yeast (I used 25 g of live yeast, but these are more or less equivalents)
1.5 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp olive oil


Red sauce (matches dough recipe quantity)

1 chopped onion (optional, but onions are the best thing ever invented, aren't they?)
2 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
1 x 400 g can of tomatoes
0.5 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oregano
salt (to taste)
50 mL water
Balsamic vinegar (to taste, perhaps 1 tbsp - add at the end)

No comments:

Post a Comment